Inservice candidates who are above 35 years of age, will not be able to register via e-registration system. To enable your registration please download , then fill in the following form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
BHUTAN CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION 2014
The Royal Civil Service Commission is pleased to announce the Bhutan Civil Service Examination (BCSE) 2014 for recruitment of University Graduates in Professional & Management position category in the Civil Service:
STAGE I: PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
STAGE II: MAIN EXAMINATION
- The objective of Preliminary Examination (PE) shall be to shortlist candidates for the Main Examination and ensure minimum standard required of a candidate.
- A candidate shall be permitted to appear PE up to a maximum of three attempts only.
- Preliminary Examination Papers shall be common to all categories of graduates.
- Preliminary Examination shall be objective type questions to test English and Dzongkha communication skills, logic and analytical, problem solving and data interpretation abilities of the candidates.
- Candidates shall be required to answer in the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) answer sheet provided by the RCSC.
- Only those candidates who achieve the minimum cut off marks are eligible to sit for the Main Examination.
- Marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination shall not be carried forward to the Main Examination and shall be valid only for that particular year.
- The objective of the Main Examination is to test candidateís core competencies and subject/general knowledge for final selection.
- A candidate shall be permitted to appear ME up to a maximum of two attempts only.
- Candidates appearing the Main Examination shall be grouped under the following categories of BCSE:
Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration (PGDPA);
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM);
- Post Graduate Diploma in Teaching (PGDE);
- Technical Graduates: Positions requiring technical subject knowledge and Law graduates for PGDNL; and
- Dzongkha Graduates: Teaching positions (PGDE) in Schools and other positions in Agencies requiring Dzongkha knowledge.
- Main Examination shall consist of the following three parts with corresponding weightage:
Part I: Academic Achievement (AA) - 10%
- Part II: Written Examination (WE) - 70%
- Part III: Viva Voce (VV) - 20%
Have a minimum of Bachelorís Degree at least three years duration from an Institute recognized by the relevant authorities of the Royal Government in the relevant field with the exception for the following:
- Candidates from Shedras, who are awarded equivalent Bachelors/Masters Degree in two years;
- With a minimum of two-year Bachelors Degree acquired by in-service candidates with minimum of Class X and Certificate/Diploma of two years or more, if duly validated by the Royal University of Bhutan/Bhutan Accreditation Council/Bhutan Medical and Health Council and other similar authorities empowered by an Act of the Parliament, for in-service Civil Service candidates; and
- With Masters Degree but without Bachelors Degree approved by the RCSC for in-service Civil Service candidates prior to 2nd September, 2007.
Meet the following subject requirements:
PGDPA: Minimum of a Bachelorís Degree in any field.
- PGDFM: Minimum of a Bachelorís Degree in Commerce/Economic (Honours)/Economic (Majors)/Business Administration/Business Management.
- PGDE: Minimum of a Bachelorís Degree/Masters Degree with at least one relevant subject prescribed for the Bhutanese School Syllabus or Higher Educational Institute Programmes and has obtained the minimum qualifying marks in the subject at the Bachelor's Degree examination, if prescribed.
- Technical: Relevant field of specialization.
- PGDNL: Minimum of a Bachelorís Degree in Law.
- Dzongkha: Minimum of a Bachelorís Degree in Dzongkha/Buddhist Studies
- A graduate wishing to appear for the BCSE shall register online via E- Registration
- Registered candidates shall be provided with information on the venue, date and time of the Preliminary Examination.
- Candidates who qualify in the Preliminary Examination shall be required to report in person for verification and confirmation for the Main
Examination with the following documents in original as well as a complete set of photocopies:
Bhutanese Citizenship Identity Card;
- Must have applied for Security Clearance Certificate online, which the official Focal Person of the RCSC shall verify;
- Class X transcripts;
- Class XII transcripts;
- Degree certificate/provisional certificate and academic transcripts;
- Medical fitness certificate issued by a competent RGoB medical doctor;
- A graduate in medical and health profession shall produce a certificate of registration from the Bhutan Medical and Health Council;
- Original ďNo Objection Certificate for appearing BCSE and appointment in the Civil ServiceĒ from the employer, if employed
- Two recent passport photographs;
- Four legal stamps;
- Letter of Undertaking (Available at the time of Verification and confirmation of Registration); and
- Bhutanese Citizenship Identity card of the witness.
Note: Certificate of Merit (if any) should be submitted in original during the time of Viva Voce.
Registration of applicants for the Main Examination with incomplete documents will not be accepted.
For MBBS & BDS graduates where the requirement in the Civil Service far exceeds supply, the PE may be exempted.However, this can be ascertained only after the e-Registration is complete.
Information regarding exemption from the PE would be made available on the RCSC webiste one week after the e-Registration deadline
Click here for the Schedule for BCSE 2014
For clarification, please contact the following officials in Examination Services, HRM Division, RCSC Secretariat:
- Jigme Norbu at telephone # 77193224
- Dorji Wangchuk at telephone # 77193223
- Phuntsho Tashi at telephone # 77193224
THIMPHU BHUTAN, Post Box No. 163,Tel.: PABX 975-2-322491, 322954, 322956 Fax No. 00975-2-323086
Copyright 2012 - RCSC
"browser compatibility: Page best viewed in Internet Explorer"