A candidate shall:
- Be a Bhutanese citizen;
- Have attained at least 18 years and not be older than 35 years for pre-service and 45 years for in-service candidates, as on the last date of online registration;
- Have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (full time on campus course meeting the requirement of the minimum contact hours) for minimum duration of three years from an Institute recognised by the competent authorities in the relevant field with an exception for the following:
a. Candidates from Shedras who are awarded equivalent Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in two years.
b. With a minimum two-year Bachelor’s Degree acquired by in-service candidates with minimum of Class X and Certificate/Diploma of two years or more, if duly validated by the Royal University of Bhutan / Bhutan Accreditation Council/Bhutan Medical and Health Council and other competent authorities empowered by an Act of the Parliament, for in-service candidates.
c. With Master’s Degree but without Bachelor’s Degree approved by the RCSC for in-service candidates prior to 2nd September, 2007.
- Meet the following qualification and subject requirements:
- Be eligible to appear the BCSE if he meets all the entry qualification requirement in the event he has voluntarily resigned in SSC and OC.
- Have qualified in the PE of the particular year of examination to appear in the ME