- The objective of PE shall be to shortlist candidates for the ME and ensure minimum standard required of a candidate.
- A candidate shall be permitted to appear PE up to a maximum of three attempts only.
- PE papers shall be common to all categories of graduates.
- PE shall be objective type questions to test English and Dzongkha communication skills, logic and analytical, problem solving and data interpretation abilities of the candidates.
- Only those candidates who achieve the minimum cut off marks as decided by the RCSC, shall be eligible to sit for the ME.
- Marks obtained in the PE shall not be carried forward to the ME and shall be valid only for that particular year/examination.
- The Commission may waive the requirement of PE for categories of profession that are accredited and certified by a competent body to practice that profession, and when there are critical shortages of such profession.