BHUTAN CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION 2017
- The Royal Civil Service Commission is pleased to announce the Bhutan Civil Service Examination (BCSE) 2017 for recruitment of University Graduates in Professional & Management position category in the Civil Service:
- STAGE I: PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
- The objective of Preliminary Examination (PE) shall be to shortlist candidates for the Main Examination and ensure minimum standard required of a candidate.
- A candidate shall be permitted to appear PE up to a maximum of three attempts only.
- Preliminary Examination Papers shall be common to all categories of graduates.
- Preliminary Examination shall be objective type questions to test English and Dzongkha communication skills, logic and analytical, problem solving and data interpretation abilities of the candidates.
- Candidates shall be required to answer in the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) answer sheet provided by the RCSC.
- Only those candidates who achieve the minimum cut off marks are eligible to sit for the Main Examination.
- Marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination shall not be carried forward to the Main Examination and shall be valid only for that particular year.
STAGE II: MAIN EXAMINATION
- The objective of the Main Examination is to test candidate’s core competencies and subject/general knowledge for final selection.
- A candidate shall be permitted to appear ME up to a maximum of two attempts only.
- Candidates appearing the Main Examination shall be grouped under the following categories of BCSE:
Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration (PGDPA);
Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM);
Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE);
- Technical Graduates: Positions requiring technical subject knowledge and Law graduates for PGDNL; and
- Dzongkha Graduates: Teaching positions (PGDE) in Schools and other positions in Agencies requiring Dzongkha knowledge.
Main Examination shall consist of the following three parts with the corresponding weightage:
Part I: Academic Achievement (AA) – 10%
Part II: Written Examination (WE) – 70%
Part III: Viva Voce (VV) – 20%
- Have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree of at least three years duration from an Institute recognized by the relevant authorities of the Royal Government in the relevant field with the exception for the following:
Candidates from Shedras, who are awarded equivalent Bachelors/Masters Degree in two years;
- With a minimum of two-year Bachelors Degree acquired by in-service candidates with minimum of Class X and Certificate/Diploma of two years or more, if duly validated by the Royal University of Bhutan/Bhutan Accreditation Council/Bhutan Medical and Health Council and other similar authorities empowered by an Act of the Parliament, for in-service Civil Service candidates; and
- With Masters Degree but without Bachelors Degree approved by the RCSC for in-service Civil Service candidates prior to 2nd September, 2007.
Meet the following subject requirements:
- PGDPA: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- PGDFM: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/Economics(Honours)/Economics (Majors)/Business Administration/Business Management.
- PGDE: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree/Masters Degree with at least one relevant subject prescribed for the Bhutanese School Syllabus or Higher Educational Institute Programme and has obtained the minimum qualifying marks in the subject at the Bachelor’s Degree examination, if prescribed.
- Technical: Relevant field of specialization.
- PGDNL: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- Dzongkha: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Dzongkha/Buddhist Studies