H. Humphrey Fellowships for 2016- 2017
Royal Civil Service Commission is pleased to announce the availability of six (3 for regular Humphrey Fellowship Program and 3 under the Long-Term English (LTE) Training , non-degree Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowships for 2016– 2017 academic year, awarded by Government of United States of America, through the Cultural Affairs, American Center, U.S. Embassy in New Delhi.
* This year Bhutan will be able to submit 3 nominees for the regular Humphrey Fellowship Program. This is in addition to the 3 nominees under the Long-Term English (LTE) language training opportunity to facilitate the participation of candidates from non-elite populations, rural areas, minority groups and others who may be excellent candidates but lack the necessary English language skills. Selected LTE participants will be brought to the U.S. for an intensive 20-25 week pre-academic program to improve their language skills before transitioning to their academic-year Humphrey campuses.
Eligible candidates from the civil service fulfilling the in-service training criteria of the BCSR 2012 and private and corporate sectors fulfilling following criteria may apply (private and corporate sector candidates will have to fulfill requirements specified by Department of Human Resources, Ministry of Labor and Human Resources):
• Be young mid-career professionals in leadership positions having a commitment to public service and the potential for professional advancement;
• Have minimum of five years of full-time professional experience (prior to August 2016) in the relevant field, after completing a university degree, and should be interested in the policy aspects of their fields of specialization;
• Have completed a university degree program requiring at least four years of fulltime study to qualify for participation in U. S. graduate study programs;
• Be proficient in both written and spoken English (minimum TOEFL score of 525 paper-based or 71 internet-based); although exceptionally strong candidates with lower scores may be nominated for the Long-Term English training.
Ineligible candidates include recent university graduates (even if they have significant positions), university teachers or academic researchers with no management responsibilities (except in the fields of Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, and Treatment and Teaching of English as a Foreign Language); individuals who have attended a graduate school in the United States for one academic year or more during the seven years prior to August 2016; and individuals with other recent U.S. in-country experience of any kind lasting more than six months during the five years prior to August 2016.
The U.S. Embassy encourages qualified women to apply for this prestigious fellowship to achieve gender parity.
The Fellowship Fields that applicants can specialize in are available here (Click Here).
Candidates are required to complete their applications online at https://apply.embark.com/student/humphrey/fellowship/ on or before July 15, 2015. Candidates must also submit a copy of their completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The short listing of candidates will be done by U.S. Embassy, New Delhi. The names of short-listed candidates will be announced on the RCSC website for selection interview which is tentatively scheduled to take place in early August 2015.
The final approval of selected nominees will be done by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the Department of State, Washington, D.C.
For clarification, please contact Tshewang Choden, HRDD at 322491(ext.122) during office hours.